« 上一頁繼續 »
The Anoshkin Notebook on the Polish Crisis,
(1) Trip to Poland (7-17.12.1981) during the introduction of "Martial Law"
Group of Forces, and the Hungarian People's Army), 25-30.1.82
(10 December) 18:10
– We arrived from the Embassy. Meetings with Aristov and Pavlov. The news is that no teleg. has
yet come. We sent a 2nd ciphered teleg. under three signatures. .
- Senior officers/generals are working in the Gen. Staff bldg.
1. Simultan. they are stepping up their attacks against Poland's allied ties with the USSR.4
Pravda on 11.12, p. 5
They are pressing demagogic demands about Poland's withdrawal from the Warsaw Pact and
Individual provocateurs are raising doubts about the existing Soviet-Polish borders and are maliciously defaming the history of the Soviet Army's role in liberating Poland from the Hitlerite occupiers.
All of this has caused legitimate consternation among the Soviet people.
From 7:30 a.m. (Moscow time) VG' gathered the generals to size up the situation. We
Cde. B. I. Aristov raises the following:
aircraft to Brest for an evacuation;
- kitchens to the Embassy to feed the Emb. guards;
11:30 Talks Between VG and Siwicki. They exchanged views. Siwicki requested that we come for
lunch at around 14-15:00 today.
Cde. Pavlov requested VG to speak with
“At this stage there will be no Soviet presence” that is the answer we gave to
- "You are distancing yourselves from us” - Jaruzelski
16:35 ?! VG arrived from the residence of Cde. Aristov, who reported on an extremely confidential basis that:
1. As instructed — Called - Jaruzelski and Milewski and raised questions:
(1) — We request that someone from the political leadership come to our country.
Who will and when?
(2) — To send a message of support to us. Aristov said that representation at the Center has been
(3) — Can we count on assistance of a military sort from the USSR? (about the additional sending of
(4) — What sort of measures of economic aid can the USSR provide to Poland?
A year-and-a-half of chattering about the sending of troops went on—now everything has disappeared. This is terrible news for us!! What is Jaruzelski's situation now?!"